My Bad Habits as a Diabetic!

My Bad Habits as a Diabetic!

Just 5 of my bad habits relating to diabetes!
Do you have any others? Do you do some of the same ones as me? Comment below! :D

Comments

Great video Danica. You need to change your lancet everyday because the needles will get dull. Sometime, I find my strips on the floor and then I put them in the trash.

Oct 07, 2013 - 7:16 PM by Rosalind W

Oh I do all of those. Or have done them I guess, with the exception of wiping blood on my pouch. I'm a lick it person. It took me FOREVER to get in the habit of changing my lancets. I check so much now that I probably change it a few times a day. I use a delica lancing device now and convince myself that I will have less finger poke marks if I change more often. This trick helps me with the test strips and lancets. I keep empty test strip container in my meter pouch, remove the sticker, and use it as a mini "trash can" for lancets and test strips. Then it's easy to dispose of and replace once it is full. My college diabetes nurse taught me that trick. Three of her four children had type 1! Realizing you have to change the insulin pump when you are in bed is the worst....

Jun 16, 2013 - 9:15 PM by Sarah B

Lol I do all of these too! Diabetic naughty corner unite!!

Jun 15, 2013 - 4:18 AM by Catherine W

wow please use a different lancet

Jun 15, 2013 - 3:22 AM by Cynthia a

I do all of these!

Jun 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM by Carrie G

thats good you check,so often.Do change your needles often

Jun 09, 2013 - 1:55 PM by robert c

Danica - Thanks for sharing your 5 bad habits relating to your diabetes. The good news is they are nothing to hard to fix :-) Keep up the great work, and I hope to hear more of your stories soon. As Always - Be Well. Dave

May 06, 2013 - 7:04 PM by David D

You're definitely not alone! I know quite a few people who also have some "bad" habits, especially with changing their lancet? needles and leaving strips everywhere.

May 03, 2013 - 11:48 AM by Ariel T