Corrective Eye Surgery #1

Corrective Eye Surgery #1

Are you a candidate for corrective eye surgery?

Comments

I've been a contact lens wearer since 6th grade and feel like I have been putting off corrective eye surgery for so many years now. Guess its not a new technology anymore. :) Thanks for the video!

Oct 10, 2013 - 6:56 AM by Scott D

Hi Scott, are you planning on having corrective surgery?

Oct 20, 2013 - 9:37 PM by janina s

Great informational video from a real expert. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 12, 2013 - 11:32 AM by B Randall W

my pleasure :)

Feb 12, 2013 - 8:26 PM by janina s

Hey Dr. Janina! I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade and now wear contacts. I have minor stigmatism and I wonder if that will complicate laser surgery. Please let me know & I love your videos!!

Feb 09, 2013 - 9:29 AM by Sarah M

thanks for the great advice! i'm going to start shopping for surgeons in NYC ASAP

Feb 13, 2013 - 10:50 AM by Sarah M

Dear Sarah, the astigmatism (especially minor) will not be a problem but your contact lens wear has to be managed well before surgery. If you wear hard contacts (rigid gas permeable) then you would need to be out of them a month or more prior to surgery. If you wear soft daily wear or extended wear then you would be out of them a few weeks prior. This is of course assuming you have not caused any inflammation due to over use of contacts in your wearing schedule and in your replacement schedule. Inflammation of the cornea will change your results of surgery due to the measurements taken to do the laser will be off. Be aware to follow your surgeons instructions religiously for the best possible outcome.

Feb 12, 2013 - 8:34 PM by janina s

Dr Janina - Once again, a wonderful and very informative video. I am really looking forward to the other videos in this series of corrective eye surgery. I hope you will cover mono vision correction in one of your videos so our members and visitors can have an understanding of how that works. Again thank you for all your videos and As Always - Be Well.

Feb 08, 2013 - 2:56 PM by David D

Dear David, Thanks again and yes I have done a video series on monovision. I will start loading them right away!

Feb 12, 2013 - 8:36 PM by janina s